"What do you think of JavaScript"? ๐Ÿ‘พ

๐ŸŽต The song for this post is Bustin', by Neil Cicierega. ๐ŸŽต

I shared this talk with a friend of mine who's hoping to make biggers waves in computing, and he asked me "what do you think of JavaScript?"

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://morepablo.com/2018/05/javascript-the-final-frontier.html

Thereโ€™s always been a degree of twisted fun in navigating the JS frontier despite its myriad frustrations. The fact that there are so many equally good and terrible ways to do just about anything with no true right answer gives slinging the language a kind of free and lawless feeling thatโ€™s enjoyable most of the time. In keeping with the frontier metaphor it still feels like there are endless hectares of unstaked claims out there at a magnitude not quite found in other ecosystems with which to create new things and own your small piece of the language.

Iโ€™m just not sure if itโ€™s all actually closest to the Wild West, or the pirate-infested seas of the Age of Sail, or the tea party inside the looking glass โ€“ maybe all three. :crazy_face:

1 Like